For over 300 years SPCK has worked in partnership with churches and Christian leaders around the world to help people deepen their faith. Our work involves:
- Helping people to understand the Christian message, and what it can mean for them
- Helping to resource Christians in their study, prayer and worship
- Helping the development of Christian thought through publishing and distributing Christian information and literature
- Supporting the life and growth of the world-wide Church
- Reaching out to those currently outside the Church
- Resourcing the training of future church members and leaders
- Encouraging Christians from different traditions and cultures to learn from each other.
SPCK's aims are set out within the framework of our mission statement:
Communicating the Christian faith in its rich diversity
Helping people to understand it and to develop their personal faith
Equipping Christians for mission and ministry
An Anglican (Church of England) Mission agency, we have always worked with and for Christians of many denominations, and sought to reach out to those beyond the church. We do not aim to promote a particular approach to Christianity, but to provide resources to serve Christians of all backgrounds. We seek to help those of different traditions and cultures to learn, not least from each other.
Traditionally our focus has been upon Christian literature and education, which remain the core strands of our ministry.